Friday, May 2, 2014

Summer Quinoa Salad

As BBQ season is quickly approaching, I figured I better form a game plan on plant-based dishes I could bring to parties that even my meat-eating friends would enjoy. My aunt made a similar dish and served it at our last family get-together and everyone seemed to love it. So I decided to experiment and add some different veggies to make my new favourite quinoa salad. It pairs great with any grilled food, veggie or not, but also stands alone quite nicely for a quick lunch or snack!


Cook quinoa in your favourite vegan broth according to package directions. I used a low sodium, vegan/gluten free "beef" style broth. 

Chop up some fresh tomatoes and kale. Toss in some black beans and cover with your favourite oil dressing. I used my mom's recipe for a homemade Italian vinagarette! 

Toss the mixture until everything is evenly coated, then refridgerate for at least 30 min or until cool. The longer the salad has to marinate in the dressing, the more flavorful it will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment